Oslo offers a wide range of hotels and accommodations (see Map of Hotels). However, especially during the sun-filled months in summer, hotels are packed and it can be tricky to find a decently-priced stay within easy reach, especially if booking late. Below we provide a list of hotels which are reasonably close to either the conference venue or the city centre:
City centre: Area of Oslo Central Station (Oslo Sentralstasjon) and Opera House (Operahuset), 12-minute metro ride plus 3-minute walk to the conference venue.
City centre: Area of National Theatre (Nationaltheatret), 14-minute tram ride plus 3-minute walk to the conference venue.
Close to city centre: Area of Majorstuen, 6-minute metro ride plus 12-minute walk to the conference venue.
Close to the conference venue: Area of Ullevål (see getting there), 20-minute walk or 2-minute metro ride plus 8-minute walk to the conference venue .
There are a few youth hostels in Oslo that are of good standard and one can even find single rooms if booked in advance. Unfortunately, Oslo does not have too many of these youth hostels. One should try:
- Haraldsheim Youth Hostel which is nice and close to the Sinsen metro station.
- Anker Hostel which is nice and friendly, with more single rooms and more down-town, close to public transport.
- Hostel Ronningen YMCA which is on the outskirts of Oslo, near the forest. It is in walking distance to the train station and tram station. One should take 30-45min to reach the conference site (using train first to Oslo S and then changing to the metro from there to the conference site). The same Oslo transportation ticket works up to there. See getting there.
- Sentrum Pensjonat which is in the centre and has single and double rooms.
- Holtekilen Youth Hostel which is also outside Oslo centre but in walking distance to train station that takes about 10-15min to Oslo S.
Most of the rooms can be booked through
- the comprehensive local guide at VisitOslo; or
- hotelscombined which offer a 10 percent discount for university students and teachers (i.e. most of the people who will attend the conference) if you’re willing to send them a fax with some proof of your status; or
- at Cochs Pensjonat which is near the royal castle, has cheap and nice rooms and atmosphere. You have varied types of rooms to choose from; or
- hotelweb / booking.com; or
- you could go for a (small) apartment with Oslo Apartments / Airbnb; or
- can try searching through youth hostel portals that usually list also cheap 2-3 stars hotels: hostelbookers or hostelworld (these portals can show the search result on the map of Oslo, which can be useful for orientation wrt. conference site).
If you encounter problems, please do not hesitate to contact us: